Don’t tech problems always have that horror movie feel to them?
- You jump with fright as a hard drive screeches and wipes out all your data.
- Your phone dies, and there’s not a charger in sight, leaving you unable to call for help (or to attend that really important conference call).
- A wave of panic washes over you as you search for a file that has inexplicably vanished.
- You smash your phone and realize with dread that you hadn’t backed it up in months.
- Your phone catches fire and burns a hole in your handbag (OK that one is really scary).
Tech nightmares are the worst— we feel helpless, frightened, and there’s no one to talk to but a machine who seems to be working against you. I always think about these things around Halloween-time-of-year— my own personal tech nightmare stories haunt me to this day. These days, I am pretty good about backing up my data, photos and contacts… but I got that way after losing them all once (OK maybe more than once, but not for years now). I’ve developed systems that work for me, but I’m not immune to a glitch here or there that derails my day.
In other words, I’ve gotten better about NOT entering the old abandoned house at midnight, but that doesn’t mean that the ghouls don’t pay a visit every now and then.
So what are YOUR tech nightmare stories? Put a flashlight up to your face and tell me, because we’re giving away one of my favorite new products, the Ray Super Remote, to a lucky winner who shares their story!
The Ray remote is a universal remote I’ve been using for months. It’s the easiest to set up and has the coolest features of any I’ve tried, offering recommendations of what to watch and alarms you can set so you don’t miss any of your favorite programs. It works with 100s of devices, and will even adjust the temperature on your Nest thermostat!
Leave me a comment, here on the blog OR on Facebook, telling me what your scariest tech story is, and you could win. Contest ends Friday, November 4th, at 11:59p PST.
Enter to win the Ray Remote Giveaway
Good luck! Here’s hoping your technology is all treats and no tricks!
The winner is… Lynn Figone! Congrats Lynn!