When my battery runs low, I get twitchy. If there’s no outlet nearby, I start to sweat, pacing and mumbling unintelligibles.
Unless, I happen to have an external battery in tow, in which case I lunge to connect it to my ailing phone, and hold my breath until my phone starts to charge. With life increasingly hinging on having a full charge, having an external battery in tow is a powerful idea. Here are a few of my favorite external batteries, each with a different twist. Let me know which one looks right for you.
1. Pearl Mirror/Battery: Is it a chic compact mirror or an external battery? Yes. ($29)
2. Native Union Jump Cable is a battery and cable in one: Plug your phone in at night, and both it and your back-up battery will be good to go in the morning. ($49.99)
3. Hyper Juice Plug +: Plug this power pack into the wall, then charge up to 2 devices at once— even two iPads— and can charge your iPhone 11 times. ($109.95)
4. Waka Waka Power + takes 12 hours of sun and turns it into a full charge for your phone. ($79)
5. Lepow Poki Ultra Thin, looks like it comes from the future, complete with finger sensor to see battery life. ($29.99)
6. Bando Mobile Charger, only gets your phone back to 80%, but it’s good in a pinch, and MAN is it cute. ($30)
7. Mophie Space Pack is a battery, a case, and a hard drive all in one. Multitasker! ($149.95)